From academic success to confident smiles, pediatric dentistry in Fremont CA supports many lasting benefits
Children dentistry in Fremont CA at the office of StarBrite Dental plays an important role in your child’s well-being and overall health now and far into the future. The earlier Drs Munira Lokhandwala or Maryum Tariq, examine your child’s mouth, the better.
Early visits make a world of difference
The first teeth are visible in an infant’s mouth at around the age of six months. And, even though you may not “see” your child’s 20 baby teeth, they are almost completely developed in the jawbones at birth, hidden from view until they erupt during the first couple of years of life. For this reason, Drs Lokhandwala and Tariq follow the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry guidelines; the first dental appointment should take place no later than your child’s first birthday (or as soon as a tooth erupts). That way, StarBrite Dental can identify and address delays and other potential problems proactively.
And even though baby teeth are not designed for the long haul, they still serve many important purposes, including:
- They provide structure for your child’s face.
- They support comfortable and efficient chewing, which further supports healthy nutrition and digestion during your child’s formative years.
- Strong, decay-free baby teeth promote proper speech, which can have consequences for your child’s academic performance and self-confidence.
- Since your child’s first set of teeth make way for permanent teeth, as they are shed between the ages of 6 to 12, their health and position facilitate the healthy development of adult teeth.
- Early kids’ dental care can help to prevent the need for orthodontic treatment like braces, or other myofunctional appliances to address bite problems later in life.
Additionally, visits to a dentist’s office for kids like StarBrite Dental gets you and your child comfortable with routine dental care. Well before your child has the motor skills to brush and floss independently, Drs Lokhandwala and Tariq demonstrate how to effectively care for baby teeth and gums. As your choice for a children’s dental center, StarBrite Dental of Fremont has also invested in a number of technologies and advancements to assure you and your child are comfortable and continue to visit us for the routine care critical to a long, healthy life; for instance, digital X-rays reduce radiation exposure by up to 90% when compared to conventional X-rays, and nitrous oxide sedation is safe for young patients and those who are young at heart alike.
From preventive sealants and cleanings to durable and attractive kids’ crowns and frenectomies for tongue and lip-ties, comprehensive services at StarBrite Dental are focused on a gentle experience and quality care. Call 510-795-7786 to schedule your child’s appointment at the Fremont, CA office.
Our team consists of Dr. Munira Lokhandwala and Dr. Maryum Tariq who are highly skilled dentists with decades of dental experience in both cosmetic and general dentistry.