Top 5 reasons why dental implants are a great investment for patients in the Fremont, CA area
Starbrite Dental in Fremont, CA is a dental practice dedicated to
Five reasons why dental implants are desirable
- Longevity. Dental implants are placed into the jawbone during oral surgery. When the procedure is successful and patients maintain proper care of their smile, they can enjoy them for a lifetime. Many patients prefer a more permanent restoration that does not require daily removal or special attention. Dental implants stay in the mouth if they are held firmly in place by the bone underneath.
- Bone maintenance. Restorations such as dentures can contribute to bone resorption. This is the loss of bone caused by the lack of teeth in the smile. By placing a dental implant, a patient can maintain the bone and continue to appear youthful.
- Versatility. Dental implants are used in many different ways to replace one or more teeth. For example, a dental implant may be used on one or both ends of a dental bridge to act as an anchor when teeth are not available. Several dental implants placed along the bridge hold a denture in place for optimum stability and strength. This versatility makes dental implants right for many more patients than those replacing just a single tooth.
- Natural appearance. Dental implants are restored over the top abutment with a denture, dental bridge, or dental crown. These restorations are fabricated with porcelain, a material that closely mimics the appearance and strength of natural tooth enamel. Dr. Munira Lokhandwala ensures that the restorations match the existing teeth so that the porcelain restoration blends in.
- High success rates. When dental implants are placed by professionals such as Dr. Munira Lokhandwala of Starbrite Dental, the success rate is often remarkably high. Most dental implants have a success rate of over 98%. Patients must visit the dentist to determine if they are a proper candidate with sufficient bone before moving forward. Not enough bone of the jaw can cause the implant procedure to fail. Patients without adequate bone structure for the successful placement of the dental implant may want to speak to their provider about preparatory procedures. This may include bone grafting to prepare for implants later.
Are dental implants right for me?
Many patients seeking a permanent restoration for addressing missing teeth are encouraged to book a consultation visit at Starbrite Dental to learn more about these repairs and how they work. Patients will have x-rays performed so the dentist can evaluate the bone of the jaw to determine if the procedure will be successful. Some patients may still prefer removable restorations such as partial dentures, and that’s okay! Not every patient is well-suited for dental implants, nor are they the only solution available. Alternatives may include partial dentures, full dentures, or dental bridges. All these options are discussed during a consultation appointment.
Are dental implants affordable?
Dental implants do require an initial upfront investment for many of our patients, as dental insurance often covers a portion of the procedure but not the full amount. However, the long-term advantages of dental implants make them a smart investment when compared to other options which require routine replacement. No other tooth-replacement option provides the same stability and strength as a dental implant, making it an obvious solution for patients considering permanency.
Today, request your appointment with Dr. Munira Lokhandwala
Share this Article
Back to Dental Implants Page
Our team consists of Dr. Munira Lokhandwala and Dr. Maryum Tariq who are highly skilled dentists with decades of dental experience in both cosmetic and general dentistry.