Fremont area dentist provides quality dental implants
Dentists in the Fremont area understand the importance of not only a beautiful smile but a functional one. When patients are faced with natural tooth loss, they need to consider the benefits of restoration. Replacing the tooth can be done in a variety of ways, dentures, bridges, and dental implants. A dentist such as Dr. Munira Lokhandwala of StarBrite Dental can assist patients in determining the solution best for them. For some, it may be dental implants.
Implants are metal posts that Dr. Munira Lokhandwala can surgically place into the bone of the jaw. The jawbone supports and stabilizes the dental implant and makes it one of the strongest, most effective restorations available in general and cosmetic dentistry. In most cases, a dental implant is restored over the top with a custom-made dental crown, which is a cap made of porcelain and fabricated to match the existing teeth within the smile. Other times the dental implant may be repaired with a dental bridge or a full cosmetic denture, depending on the needs of patients.
Dr. Munira Lokhandwala will often suggest dental implants when patients have sufficient jawbone for placement. Implants have a number of advantages.
- Dental implants are extremely successful and placement is often highly predictable.
- Dental implants can last a lifetime when patients maintain regular dental recall visits and maintain their oral health between them.
- Dental implants are strong and stable.
- Dental implants are stand-alone restorations, which do not require the support of the surrounding teeth in the same way a dental bridge does.
- Dental implants are costly but their value over time is unbeatable.
- Dental implants restore all efficiency to the smile as they act as natural tooth roots do.
- Dental implants look beautiful and blend in cosmetically with one’s smile.
If you live within the Fremont area and have considered the placement of dental implants or other restorative solutions to maintain the health, wellness, and function of your smile, contact Dr. Munira Lokhandwala and the team of StarBrite Dental today.
Share this Article
Back to Dental Implants Page
Our team consists of Dr. Munira Lokhandwala and Dr. Maryum Tariq who are highly skilled dentists with decades of dental experience in both cosmetic and general dentistry.