Dental clinic in Fremont, CA offers versatile dental implants for smile restoration
Tooth replacement options available in dental clinics today may seem overwhelming to patients. Fremont, CA area patients considering ways of replacing one or more teeth with a dental center may be unsure as to which option is right for them. Individuals who are thinking of long-term, reliable replacement options may want to work with Dr. Munira Lokhandwala of StarBrite Dental to discuss the benefits of dental implants.
How dental implants work
The dental implant is a titanium post that looks like a tiny hardware screw. During oral surgery, Dr. Munira Lokhandwala places the implant into the jawbone. The implant placement stimulates the process of osseointegration, which is the growth of bone around the restoration. When this occurs, the implant is solidified in place and is ready for restoration. The implant can be restored in many different ways, depending on the needs of the patient. The replacement of a single tooth can be achieved in this manner, with a dental crown placed over the abutment of the implant above the gum line. Alternatively, patients can use the implants to anchor a dental bridge or a full denture in place. This can be done in replacing one or more teeth in the smile in a more permanent way.
Why choose dental implants?
Our dental clinic may recommend dental implants for many of our patients because of the many benefits they provide. Below is just a small sample of reasons why a patient may choose to have a dental implant placed versus alternative tooth replacement options:
- Dental implants look completely natural, as the restorations used over the abutment are made with porcelain materials. Porcelain mimics the look of natural tooth enamel and can be created to match the appearance of the existing teeth for seamless integration.
- Dental implants are more permanent than partial dentures or full dentures. These restorations become one with the mouth, ensuring that they last a long time. In fact, Dr. Munira Lokhandwala finds that many of her patients who take good care of their smiles will enjoy their dental implants for life.
- Dental implants are versatile. These restorations are used in several different ways to replace one or several teeth. This versatility makes them a good option for a variety of situations with which patients are faced.
- Dental implants are a wise investment in oral health and restoration. While dental implants are costlier than alternative solutions, their longevity makes them a smart investment in one’s oral health and wellness.
- Dental implants maintain the bone of the jaw, ensuring a more youthful appearance. This is also important for maintaining the dental implant and the surrounding teeth, as bone loss associated with tooth loss or periodontal disease can put the rest of the smile at risk. Our team educates patients on how bone loss impacts the smile in various ways, and how dental implants can keep problems from occurring in the future.
Request a visit with Dr. Munira Lokhandwala today!
At StarBrite Dental in Fremont, CA, we believe in working with our patients to help them make the right decision when it comes to tooth replacement. Our clinic located at 38350 Fremont Boulevard in Suite #103 is here to assist by offering education and knowledge used in making an informed decision. If you are considering dental implants, we welcome you to call us at 510-795-7786 to discuss. During the initial consultation appointment, our team evaluates the patient and their unique situation to make recommendations that fit their budget and lifestyle.
Our team consists of Dr. Munira Lokhandwala and Dr. Maryum Tariq who are highly skilled dentists with decades of dental experience in both cosmetic and general dentistry.