Fremont area patients ask what makes a dental implant the best solution for missing teeth?
Fremont area patients who are faced with tooth loss are often worried about how they will replace their teeth. There are many options available on the market, so it is important that patients educate themselves on the different ways to restore their smiles so they can determine which is best for their specific needs.
Why dental implants?
For many of our Fremont patients, a dental implant is the best solution. There are many reasons patients choose a dental implant. Their benefits include:
- Long-lasting – dental implants can last a lifetime with proper oral care.
- Strength – dental implants have unsurpassed strength and durability.
- Biocompatible – using titanium, dental implants are biocompatible with the body. Titanium is used for many types of restorations throughout the body.
- Value – though more expensive upfront, dental implants hold their value better than any tooth restoration solution.
- Versatility – dental implants are often used as a stand-alone tooth replacement, but may also be used to anchor a denture or a dental bridge.
What is the process of dental implants?
Dental implants start with an evaluation. which includes x-rays to check bone structure. The best candidates for implants will need to have sufficient bone to hold the implant in place and allow the process of osseointegration to occur. Oral surgery is scheduled for the implant to be placed. Then time is necessary for the implant to heal before it is restored with a crown, bridge, or denture. Patients are encouraged to make regular dental appointments for oral examinations.
Dr. Munira Lokhandwala of Fremont’s StarBrite Dental works with patients to help them decide which solution is most appropriate for their unique situation. She encourages patients to book an appointment at her practice to learn more. Her front office team can be reached at 510-795-7786 to schedule an appointment.
Our team consists of Dr. Munira Lokhandwala and Dr. Maryum Tariq who are highly skilled dentists with decades of dental experience in both cosmetic and general dentistry.