Whether they're extracted or lost due to trauma or disease, missing teeth can negatively affect the smile. Not only do patients feel more self-conscious about smiling at others and speaking in social situations due to the embarrassment, but they also experience reduced chewing and speaking efficiency. Additionally, if they do not address the missing tooth soon, it can result in the remaining teeth shifting out of place, thus requiring them to undergo orthodontic treatment to reposition them. Instead of dealing with all of these concerns, patients can visit Dr. Munira Lokhandwala of StarBrite Dental to learn about restorative solutions available to them.
When teeth are missing, there are three primary options for patients to consider including dental bridges, dentures, and dental implants. Each plays an important role in dentistry and they should be considered with care to ensure patients pick the solution that best suits their needs. Dr. Munira Lokhandwala of StarBrite Dental can assist individuals in deciding when permanent replacement options such as dental implants are appropriate.
Dental implants are gaining popularity in dentistry because of their strength and durability. They are known to last many years, even decades, because they are integrated into the bone of the jaw, just as natural teeth are. Dental implants can be restored with bridges, crowns, or even dentures to provide optimum support.
Patients may be introduced to dental implants when they speak to the dental team of StarBrite Dental. Dental implants have many benefits that may make patients consider them over alternatives.
- Dental implants are extremely strong as they derive their strength and stability from the bone of the jaw.
- Dental implants are highly successful during placement because Dr. Munira Lokhandwala takes x-rays and checks for sufficient bone structure before the procedure.
- Dental implants look completely natural and function just like natural teeth.
- Dental implants can last a lifetime when patients maintain their care and pay close attention to any concerns that develop around them.
- Dental implants can help hold dentures in place, making them the ideal option for those who are struggling with denture stability.